sexta-feira, 5 de junho de 2009

A Bedtime Story

One day, on a small island surrounded by coconut palms, lived a monkey and a crocodile.
Monkey had a lot of things to eat every day but he wasn't happy because his family lived on another side of this island. He decided to cross the river to join those like him. But as we know, monkeys aren't renowned for being good swimmers. Near by the river, lying down in the sand was an old crocodile. And Monkey said to Crocodile:

"Hello my friend Crocodile"

"Hellooooo Monkey" what are you doing here? replied Crocodile.

Monkey answered, saying "heuuuuuum I would like to ask you a favor but i'm afraid

you couldn't do it for me".

"What favor could it be? Don't worry I'm your friend, you can rely on me" said Crocodile

Monkey: "Well , I would like you to give me a lift, I want to cross the river to visit my friends"

Crocodile: "Of course it doesn't matter, friends are always help those in need".

Monkey: "Thank you".

Crocodile: "Climb on my back"

Monkey: ok

In the middle of the crossing, Crocodile in his turn said to Monkey, "I'm sorry, I also need your help".

Monkey: ah yes! don't hesitate to ask me a favour because we're friends now

Crocodile: "you know that my mother is seriously sick, so to cure her she needs a heart of a monkey alive. Don't take it badly it's really urgent I think you'll understand and forgive me".

Monkey: "Of course, I believe in you but we have a problem".

Crocodile: "What kind of problem?"

Monkey: "I left my Heart in the coconut palm where I slept yesterday. Let's go immediately back to get it."

Crocodile: "I really know that you will help me".

They decided to go back to the island. Once on the island, Monkey said to Crocodile "come with me to the coconut palm" and he said « my heart is upstair, wait for me here I have to go up to give it to you, ok » He climbed to the top and said to the Crocodile "if you really need my heart to cure you mother come up to get it"

This shows that people use others to get a favor but they are always waiting for some things in compensation.

Jean

Sem comentários: