quarta-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2009

The echoes of the woods

It was a nice June afternoon and I was in the countryside with my parents. Everything was so peaceful and quiet.
We could hear the bees buzzing overhead and the warm June wind rustling in the trees…It felt like heaven to me.
My younger brother was throwing rocks into a pond…this made a plopping background sound.
I heard the sound of our camera clicking. It was my father taking a picture of me.
“That’s rude daddy. I’m reading. I wasn’t ready for a photo, I’m dishevelled.”
“Oh, don’t be so grouchy…you’re beautiful all the time.”
“Darling, come over here, you have to see this…take a picture of this butterfly.” My mother said to my father.
My brother had started to play with a wooden boat that he made.
At that moment we heard a huge thunder rumbling in the woods.
The sound frightened us all…rain started to pour.
My family and I searched for shelter. We found a small cave and waited there until the rain stopped.
My little brother was bored because he didn’t have space to play, my father continued to take pictures and my mother went on and on about her Tupperware friends.
“Oh poor me, I’m really lucky to be stuck here with them.” I thought.
“Why can’t we go home?” – asked my brother in tears.
“Honey, you have to be patient. We have to wait for the rain to pass. The car is far from here.” – replied my mother.
I started to hear a subtle sound, an unknown sound to me. It’s really hard to me to describe it.
I recognized the sound, when I saw four horses passing by the cave. It was the sound of the clatter of horse’s hoofs.
The horses must have been lost in the woods and maybe they were searching for their path home, but I was really happy to see horses for the first time in my life.
That really made up for it.
Soraia Silva

Sem comentários: